Create Your Own Creatures w/Jon Carraher
June 12 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm120.00 for Two Sessions
The one and only “Master” artist Jon Carraher will be instructing students in a two day class on June 12th and June 19th from 6:30-8:30PM on how to create your very own creatures.
In this class you will learn how to combine animals, people, and other creatures, or start from scratch to create your own fantasy creatures. Fun stories for each creature can be added during the process. We will also explore and create environments for your creature. The focus of this class is not to work on technique, but rather use and build imagination skills. Come prepared to have fun and let your imagination run wild! Ages 10 and up, only 8 seats available. Tea service and dessert provided with ticket purchase. Jon would like students to arrive 15 minutes prior to class start time.
Jon will provide:
– Small animal and creature figurines for reference.
Jon will teach the following topics during the class (some will be optional, and will get to how ever many depending on the pace of the class):
– Take an existing animal/creature/person and morph some of the characteristics and details.
– Combine two or more animals/creatures/people to make a mixed character.
– Make an environment for a creature to live in and figure out how it lives there.
– Story adventure. Jon tells a story, and students use their imagination to picture what is described. Then we sketch out any visions after the story is complete.
– Students get the chance to come up with their final creation and setting using the methods previously presented or they can come up with their own.
Basic drawing experience required/novice. Materials required: sketchbook and drawing utensils. Optional: pictures of favorite animals, figurines.
This class is two days!! Part 1 is June 12th and Part 2 is June 19th!!
“Jon Carraher is a self-taught fantasy artist originally from Lancaster County, PA. Jon has had a passion for art from a very young age and although life led him down a more traditional career path, Jon continually worked on his artistic skills to eventually break away from tradition and pursue his passion full time. He is a traveler of many worlds and realms and loves to share what comes forth in his journeys. He has a unique vision and hopes to share some of the beauty within.
Jon creates oil paintings depicting natural landscapes with deep atmospheric perspective, writhen, twisted trees, and mythical elements to develop a sense of ancient mystery. Jon loves spending time in nature and studies both the seen and unseen of the natural world. In his work, Jon combines his love of nature and folklore with his vivid imagination to create a beautiful presence of myth and magic.”